Aesthetic Treatment Diploma Course – Part time Beauty Course
Aim of Course
- To enable a candidate to perform safe and effective facial therapy, make up, waxing, hand and foot treatments.
- To provide opportunities for candidates to develop a range of skills and techniques personal qualities and for performance in employment as a Beauty Therapist.
Candidates must have a leaving cert. or equivalent but this is not essential. This is at the discretion of the college and adult returners experience will be considered.
A person displaying a high level of interpersonal skills eg. excellent communication, patience, tact and time keeping. A well-groomed appearance is a major asset.
Areas of Study
Health and Hygiene
Structure of the Course and exam layout
Pre skin analysis and consultation
Waxing, must demonstrate wax application and removal and hot wax application and removal
|Eyelash eyebrow tinting
Electrical treatments ( based on the following four )
Massage including all five massage movements
Manicure or pedicure, including hand / Foot massage
Case studies must be completed and submitted to the examiner on completion of the course. Practical duration of exam 3 ½ hrs. Theory Multiple choice papers 60% pass rate.
- Other Subjects
- Product knowledge/ Cosmetic Science
- Anatomy and Physiology of the head face neck, hands feet, ,lower arm and lower leg
- Nerve supply
- Lymphatic system
- Blood supply
This part time Beauty Course commences in October 2 nights weekly Tuesday and Thursday or 1 day weekly. We offer this Part time course in February 1 day weekly or 2 nights weekly Tuesday and Thursday
Exams to be taken on completion of this course
- CIBTAC Aesthetic Treatments Diploma Course
- ITEC Beauty Specialist Diploma Course